View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
CouversMom
and Khloe Mae's too!
Donating Member

Welcome to YorkieTalk!

You have receved some great advice. Here is mine

1. Change her diet to a higher quality kibble. Some brands that I would consider feeding: Acana, Fromm, even Wellness, Blue Wilderness. Kibbles n Bits is really garbage, so that might be her problem.

2. YES, heartworm meds are important. We order ours online at Pet Supplies | Dog & Cat Supplies, Pet Meds | DrsFosterSmith.com Pet Products or 1800-PetMedsŪ - Huge Savings and The Best Guarantee I usually shop around and find the best price, but make sure you purchase from a reputable site.

3. As you know, get her spayed when she is done with her heat. Talk to your vet about this now.

4. Flea/tick medication is also important. I only use these during the warmer months because we don't have problems during the winter, but some people give them year round.

5. Get her a harness if you haven't already. Yorkies are prone to collapsed trachea, and walking her on a collar is not a good idea. I recommend Buddy Belts from Kristin Designer Dog Clothes, Dog Accessories | W. Field's Dog Boutique

I would not start the flea/tick or heartworm meds until she stops puking. You don't want to introduce more things to her system until she is okay.

Welcome to being owned by a yorkie!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!