View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
MyYorkieFancy
Yorkie Talker

Smile New to the group/New to my Yorkie...and I've got questions :-)

Hi!!!! I'm new to the group and glad that there is a place that i can go to ask questions! sooooo, here it goes... I have an 18 month old (so says the previous owner) Yorkie, Fancy. Fancy is currently in heat and has thrown up twice in 3 days. The first time was in PetSmart but i think that was due to the excitement of her first trip to the store. Sounds silly but all of the smells of the other animals, dog food and people gawking over her may have excited her to the point that she vomited, shook it off and went right back to being super excited again. The vomit was a little bit of brown liquid (from the food), and food. We just got her a few days prior on Sunday so her diet has changed to Kibbles n'Bits for small breeds. That (vomiting) was Wednesday. Today is Friday and my daughter took her for a walk and Fancy threw up again. There was a bunch of grass in the vomit. Should I be worried? There are quite a few factors going on. 1. New owners/home/rules/space 2. 1st heat cycle (according to the previous owner, never been in heat before) and 3. It's very hot outside and I'm not sure if this plays a role. And before everyone jumps on me about having Fancy spayed.....we will....when we got her, she apparently was already in heat and we didn't know it...but we found the cutes washable diaper covers for her and it's not too much of a hassle...plus we're in love with her personality already! Oh, one other thing. I have a friend who has a Yorkie and she says that you have to give them heartworm meds monthly...do all of you have to do this with your Yorkies or is it based on the dog?
MyYorkieFancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!