View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I'll confess, per Lynzy's post, I'm usually even hesitant to look at anything with the S-word in the title and then horrid, morbid curiosity kills me and I have to. I'm so afraid of snakes that the very word is offensive to me. It's like they have no right in this world to exist and be so very gross and slinky and that awful yaw of a pink horrendous mouth that I see opened up on NGC and the Animal Planet my big flatscreen is worse than almost anything! If I ever saw a big real snake in person I'd probably die of heart failure. I hate the things with such a passion that I'm completely phobic of them. Just this post will cause me to pull my feet up off the floor and look all around and listen for things - makes no sense whatsoever! But anyway, a four foot snake in my yard would likely send me to the shrink for every drug he'd give me to deaden thinking about that grossness that was in my yard and maybe others would come! That's why I sometimes avoid snake posts for a time - just hate to think about them.

But boy I'm so glad that hulking monster didn't bite your little Morgan! I just can't imagine what I'd do if one ever came around here. A tiny baby grass snake that came into the kitchen through a space under the door while some refurbishing was being done sent me into the front yard with Jilly to wait for the police to come and kill it! I was terrified beyond anything sensible and cold as it was outdoors, I couldn't come back in this house until a very kind off-duty police officer dispatched and disposed of it and still for the next couple of weeks I had to take tranquilizers to even live in the house, even after the backdoor threshold was replaced, sealed and nothing could get in under the door! They are totally beyond gross to me.

I don't know what you can do to protect your baby from these things and how you can prevent this from happening again but I can pray that there are no family members of it nearby! It's a shame there isn't something like Raid or something to kill them! I'd have 100 cans of it sitting around. I'm sure glad Morgan wasn't bitten and you are okay.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!