View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Unlove Fletcher sick AGAIN!

About 4x this past year, Fletcher has woken up with bloody diarrhea and vomiting. I can't figure out how it happens, he has not eaten anything unusual. This morning I woke up at 430am with him vomiting next to my head on the bed. DH asked if he wanted to go out and he jumped off the bed, ran down the hall and had some FOUL smelling diarrhea. DH thought it was him vomiting again, so he cleaned it up and back to bed they came. About 630am we heard a strange noise and DH jumped up out of bed, pulled back the covers and he had more really FOUL smelling diarrhea. We took him out and he vomited again outside 2x and walked around squatting like he was pooping. I saw nothing come out of either end though, but he had a slight streak of red blood on his back end.

This has all happened 3x more in the last year and he's been to the vet for it each time. One time it was mild HGE, he was given SubQ fluids by the vet everyday for 3 days straight I would take him in. He was on canned prescription dog food for a week and a doggy maalox type tablet and an antibiotic. I'm guessing I'll just take him to the vet again today for all new stuff if he is still going this morning.

How does this happen?? Nothing significant changed in his diet. It just suddenly randomly happens! Him & Dexter eat the same food from the same bag, go to the same places, etc... Dex never gets sick. Fletch gets this often now. I get so stressed out when he's sick and I'm at work. Luckily DH is home today to watch things.

He's also limping a tiny bit. I can't really tell which leg/paw it is, but I think I can explain that. We did a road race yesterday, 2 miles. Normally they would do that w/o a problem at all, but it was HOT, maybe too hot. They ran about 1.5 miles and were pretty happy. We stopped to give them water all the time, but they could not finish the race, it was just too hot. Fletch finally just kept pulling DH to the side of the road to lay down, so we put them both in the kids stroller and they stayed there to finish the last 1/2 mile, then we had to walk 2 miles back to the car. They stayed in the stroller for 1 1/2 miles of that then walked the last 1/2 mile. So he may be hurting from all the exercise he got yesterday. I'll let him rest today and hope his limp goes away, but if we take him to the vet today I'll have the vet look at his legs too. Better safe than sorry right?

UGH, I'm just sooo stressed by this intestinal thing he gets. It makes me nervous!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!