View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
YorkOfTheShire
BANNED!

Exclamation Yorkie with foot deformity.

Situation for everyone to please consider,

Let's say you adopted a puppy from your local SPCA. You were told that puppy had a foot deformity (skeletal) that caused a gimpy gait (this is not LP). You decided you wanted that puppy anyway, and took it home.

You take the puppy to your veterinarian, and then to another (plus the opinion of the vet with the SPCA that examined that puppy when it was brought in) so three veterinarians (one set of x-rays), and they all tell you that the puppy will not experience any pain now or in later years if this deformity is not fixed. The specific issue will never resolve itself, nor will it get any worse.

Here's the thing; they also tell you that they can fix it, with a lengthy surgery that will require the purposeful breakage and resetting of 3 bones and about 4 months of painful recuperation for your puppy, 2 months of that there is to be no playing, no taking walks, no running, etc.

You have to make the decision within 1 week - otherwise your puppy is SOL on the surgery (they will only do it now while the bones are still young, flexible and easily manipulated).

What would your decision be?

Thank you

PS - I realize I haven't been here in months (too many issues with certain members for me to be here that often). But - there are also a great many knowledgeable Yorkie owners here, and I need your help desperately.
YorkOfTheShire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!