View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 11:39 PM   #2
Connie
Loved by Maddie & Libby
Donating Member

Your little guy is still pretty young and maybe he will mellow out a bit as he grows? Yorkie's can be pretty hyper dogs and can also be pretty stubborn when they don't get their way. Are you going to have him neutered? That sometimes tames them down a bit! I'd suggest giving him a hygiene cute so he has less hair in that area to get wet when he goes potty. You could use a scissor on that area. Maybe if you work with him at home and he gets used to it, he would allow a groomer to work on him. My female yorkie turned into the tazmanian devil both times I took her to the groomer and was impossible. Last time there, all she got done was a bath because the groomer couldn't handle her. I just do it all at home now and she's gotten pretty good about it. She doesn't have the perfect cut as I'd like her to have since I am not real good at it, but at least I'm not stressing her out by taking her to a groomer.

I guess my suggestion would be to brush him daily and don't let him down until you are done, so he knows he won't get away with acting up while you are doing that. The more you do that, the more he'll be used to being handled and also hopefully learn to put up with grooming sessions. Be sure to praise him and probably give him a little treat when he's been a good boy!

I don't know that I was any help at all here, but I want to wish you luck and I do think a lot of his behavior is because he's quite young. Good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!