Thread: Skin allergies
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 05:40 AM   #6
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagonzal View Post
Anyone have a furbaby with skin allergies? Vet suggested fish oil on her food and 1/4 tab of Zyrtec daily for the rest of her life. Twinkie is also on 1/2 tab of Hydroxyzine. Any suggestions for a good shampoo/conditioner?

Pam
Fish oil is good for allergy dogs bc it has anti inflammatory properties, so it's good to be on it. I like Ark Naturals Royal Coat bc it already has the necessary Vit E that's needed to process the omegas.

Zyrtec works for some, and some not. Claritin is another 24hr pill you can try if Zyrtec doesn't work. If the allergies are year round, you may want to try Atopica (prescription). This is what Marcel is on and it was a miracle for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
Hi There,

Oh the dreaded allergies, I have been there for so long!

What food are you using?

I have used the Sentryhc Dermasphere Anti-Itch shampoo- you can buy it at Petco. It is amazing. I heard Oatmeal shampoo is really not good for dogs with allergies, so I looked around for something different and came across this- it is great! It is also cooling.

petco.com - SentryHC Dermasphere Anti-Itch Dog Shampoo customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings
Oatmeal shampoos can make things worse for allergy dogs, totally agree.

I've used Malaseb, EtiDerm, and Duoxo shampoos. I can't say if one is better than the other, really.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!