View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
Mike1975
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Lighter color stripe on kidney area

Hello to all!

I am studying this beautiful breed a long time now and of course I 'm still learning.
Two things caught my attention, concerning their color and pigmentation and I would like your expert opinion.

1. Some dogs have a lighter color stripe on their kidney area. Unfortunately many use color enhancing products so it is difficult to come across.
But luckily, some still have the ethics and contribute to the dignity of this breed showing there dogs as they really are...

Have you noticed this?
Do you know the cause?
Does anyone have more information concerning this?

2. I have also noticed that many have a lighter blue / silver area, around the base of their tail. I know that the tail should be a darker color than the rest of the body especially at the tip. Here in Europe the tail is undocked so you can easily see this - unless again color enhancing is applied.

Although these dogs have a darker color tail and an almost black tip (a safeguard for the gold to stay underneath) the base of their tail has a lighter, almost silver color. It's not a running gold. The color of the skin has a blue - gray hue.
Is this common?
Does anyone know the cause or have more information?

Thank you all in advance
Mike
Mike1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!