View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
Yorkiesatwork
YT Addict

My poor baby Max has 75% collapsing trachea. I don't think he was ill-bred. I took him to vet as soon as I got him -- 15 months old. The vet wanted to put him out to examine his teeth and do a dental. He weighed just 4.5 pounds. I didn't know any better. He went into cardiac arrest on the table. The same vet put him under 5 months later for ear cleansing. I just didn't know better. I do think those two intro tubations were responsible for the majority of his collapsed trachea. I won't challenge; I won't sue; I believe it was ignorance of how to treat a tiny Yorkie. After a referral to the University of Georgia, and prescription steroids and opiate cough medicines, he does pretty well. He's ony 3 1/5 years old. The UGA vets said they'd never seen a dog that young with such a severe case of collapsing trachea. Steroids have devastating side effects. He's taking a course of them now. I asked my vet about Flovent with AeroDawg inhaler. They just look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language. Will get app't with UGA folks and hope I can get this little guy on track. He's such a sweet baby... but I feel like I need to be the vet... nobody seems to know about advanced treatments.
Yorkiesatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!