View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
Lindzorz
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Hunter View Post
I do feel that being left in a hot confined space without knowing when this torture will end, is worse for a dog than a human. Yorkies are especially vulnerable to heat stroke. I wish more businesses allowed us to carry our small dogs with us. Nobody wants to leave their canine baby at home, and we can't leave them in a car either.
I agree -- more pet friendly establishments would be nice. I'm sure the fact of the matter is that it's the people who won't clean up after their pets in public. Also, I can understand not taking them into a grocery store or a store that carries food, because you really wouldn't want dogs marking the food / aisles and pet hair all over everything. I know you can take them into Petco/Petsmart, some pet boutiques, Lowe's, and Tractor Supply. If I intend on grocery shopping, eating out, going to the movies, etc. then Nilla stays home. I turn on the a/c for her and she just lounges until I get back. I would feel much worse leaving her in the car than leaving her home for an hour or two. I understand people are traveling with their dogs and need to eat somewhere, but I would hit a drive - thru or call in takeout before I could let a dog sit and wait for me for 30 minutes + in a scorching vehicle!

Lindzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!