View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
HKFandora
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessAria View Post
So I'm a little late commenting on this thread but I feel your pain, HKFandora.

My fiance and I have been talking about getting a dog for about a year now and I finally convinced him we should rescue a Yorkie. The only problem is we haven't been able to find a rescue that is comfortable adopting a Yorkie to us because we're a young couple with children possibly in the future. We don't have any children at the moment and due to some health issues I have, I may never be able to have children.

I can definitely understand the concerns of the people at the rescues. Yorkies are small, fragile dogs and I realize that they need to be handled with care (which can be difficult at times for some smaller children). I am definitely not mad at anyone from the rescues as I know they just want what is best for their dogs. If someone better able to care for the Yorkies I've applied for also applied then of course I understand the dog going to the person who is a better fit. However, I would really love to be able to rescue a Yorkie.

If anyone knows of a rescue around the Virginia/NC/Maryland/Eastern TN area that will adopt to a young couple I would love to know about it!
Your best bet is to find a breeder then a rescue since the odds are higher. In NYC there are two rescues that I have found compared to amount of local breeders. Some will sell you a bigger yorkie. I've had one rescue suggest a bigger dog (ten pounds.) All hope is not lost.
HKFandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!