View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
LilWaffles
Yorkie Yakker

Default 12 week old, won't eat much

I have a 12 week old yorkie mix (morkie) he's about 3lbs. I've had him for 2 days. He is currently on royal canin Yorkshire puppy 29, he has lots of energy however he's not eating much. Yesterday I tried him with the kebble normal, he'd eat 1-3 pieces out of my hand and after a while spit it back out. I then tried mixing the kebble with some wet nutro chicken & berries food. That worked he seemed to want to lick the wet food off the hard kebble. I than tried putting the kebble in hot water to make it warm and wet (but not soggy) that worked to a point.

Yesterday I was able to feed him half a teaspoon of nutro seperately and 1/3 cup of royal canin with about 2 tablespoons left over from that amount.

Today he's had only ate 33ml of royal canin out of 78ml with one 1/4 tsp of wet nutro.

He will not eat Cheerios. I've read that they tend to love them.

Any ideas I'm starting to worry a little, also noticed he has only pooped once yesterday & hasn't gone at all so far today!

Does he just hate this food? I've noticed he will not each much in one setting but rather snacks through out the day either out of hand or scattered on floor. No dish.
LilWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!