View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

If it were me, I'd wait until after the first heat for a couple of reasons. I have read that it's best to wait for the growth plates to close. Secondly, Emmy Lou will probably need to have a few baby teeth pulled that don't fall out on their own. Small dogs are known for this, and I'd prefer not having to put them under anesthesia twice.

I'm glad that you are doing blood work. It's great as a preventative, but its also good to have it as a baseline for the future. I'd definitely ask for pain medication for your little girl. Some people buy infant onesies and put them on backwards. The tail will come out where the snaps are. This will help Emmy Lou because it will stop her from biting her incision. I'd also get her a soft collar to use instead of the hard ones that the vet sells. YT member Bo, Mom to Hotrod, sells them. The link below is her website. They are great to have. I got mine when my Rainbow Bridge baby, Ashley, was sixteen. I thought it would be good to have just in case. I used it when I cut her nails.

I hope all goes smoothly with Emmy Lou and that she brings you a lifetime of joy, love, and laughter.

The Kiss-E Collar

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!