View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Am I being conned by a real cutie?

Background;
Girl 'Crystal' aged 23 weeks, we re-homed her June 18th this year, to a quiet retired couple home, with no other pets. Good natured little soul, not toilet trained, who desperately needs lots of love.

She normally sleeps in my wife's room . Just prior to bedtime, I had to tell her off (for a carpet poo) and put her in the sin bin for ten minutes (no more, but significantly maybe, in the dark). The next morning a real change. My wife was out shopping all day, so I baby sat. Normally she's with me continuously, always seeking physical contact.
She never left my wife's room, eight hours without even a look in! I felt rejected, but decided to 'make up' with some tender chicken strips and lots of fuss.

Today we're alone again, but things are thankfully back as they were. It was a 'Win, Win' for'Crystal' as following another indiscretion with the carpet, I didn't make a big thing of it. This time she knew she'd been naughty and slunk away, head down to a quiet neutral corner. I drew her out by way of a treat. Have I been conned? (if so it's great fun), but not too good for discipline? I'm convincing myself for the first few weeks its important to concentrate on love and affection, not hard with such a beautiful little creature, currently lying with her head on my foot on the couch.
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!