Thread: Lessons learned
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 05:43 AM   #2
jadabug
Jada + Bogie = ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marhcarter View Post
My employer has been in some financial difficulty, so instead of direct deposit like we have received forever, we are currently getting paper checks. I have learned some things since having to actually pick up and deposit a check in the bank for the 1st time in 15+ years.

★ the ATM machines no longer have envelopes in a pocket on the outside of the machine. No matter how hard you look or how many places on the machine you try to pry open-in full view of the ATM cameras, I might add- you will not find an envelope. If you start the process of the deposit, though, the machine ASKS you if you need an envelope

★ when the ATM machine actually spits out the envelope you need, be aware that a little tug is needed to release it. If not aware of this, you might drop it and have it float under your car to the most inaccessible area possible, and the machine will not give 2nd chances for another envelope. This means that you must retrieve the dropped envelope. Since there are now 4 cars lined up behind you (as you patted down the machine for the envelope), you cannot back up. Pulling forward indicates you are done and the other cars must somehow be stopped as you inch forward, attempt to reach envelope, inch forward a little more, attempt to reach envelope, realize you can not open your door because of the cement post, inch forward some more...Once envelope is retrieved, you cannot back up to the machine because a car has pulled up before you were able to convey that you were not yet done, so you must walk back to the machine to complete the transaction.

★ as you walk back to the machine, do not insert check into envelope and seal, because you still have to enter the deposit amount into the ATM, causing you to have to unseal the envelope, look at the amount-which you have forgotten during all of the above-and attempt to reseal it adequately so it can be deposited back into the slot from whence it came.

I'm sure my bank thinks I am a blathering idiot...because I am!!!
Remember, those machines have cameras.
I hate to tell you that we look at the footage sometimes and get a good laugh out of what people do (i'm head teller at a bank)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!