View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 05:06 AM   #7
barneysmommmy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKelben View Post
it may be a good idea to leash her when your bil is expected to visit and your mil. Biting is never acceptable for whatever reason... you could lose your dog if she bites the wrong person. Quick and harsh correction is in order when this happens.
I know! I worry so much about this. She has had such a terrible past. I can't stand the thought of her ending up back in a shelter or worse! I really don't know how to punish her other than the air spray and turning my back on her. I use a very harsh voice, which I don't like to do. I put her in her pen when she has these melt downs, but my husband usually springs her free. She spent 6 years in a cage as a breeding dog and he can't stand to see her behind bars. Her foster said that she did not have this issue at her house, but she only had her around 2 weeks. The longer we have her, the more we are seeing these behaviors.
I appreciate the suggestions I am receiving and I will continue to work on this. I just worry that she will bite the wrong person and we will have to make a very tough decision.
barneysmommmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!