View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 02:01 AM   #7
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonE View Post
All good advice much appreciated. Her body and energy on Acana has been outstanding. Great stools, even reduced eye goop. U fortunately she does not let me brush tried everything I could. Always have her teeth checked and ex rayed as well. Recent trip let to a few extractions due to infections.

Just wondering if its the kibble, and Raw prepared would help. The vet insists its not but you never know. Recently bearing champion foods have been causing various issues including teeth, itching, etc. more and more Raw just seems the way to go.
Some pet foods dog have ingredients that would help cause tooth decay. I don't think Acana is one of them. Some dogs are more prone to tooth decay. Maybe look into one of the enzymatic tooth cleaning products that you can add to the water or brush the teeth with. I know they are available in many forms. Various pet supply stores have them . I think Amazon sells some of them, too.
If you like Acana and your dog does well on it then the added enzymes may help with the issue with the teeth.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!