Thread: Yappy Yorkie
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
candacejaydee
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
Ya that would be the terrier in her, sometimes they can be stinkers!!

You can do it, don't stress out about it- trust me it will get easier!!

What is she barking at when she barks at night? Do you have her sleep in your bed, crate, play pen?

I know its hard, but you HAVE to be the dominant one- do not let her win!! Be strong!

During the day does she get a lot of play time? The more activity her day has the more she will sleep, if you can like an hour or so before you go to bed, really play with her, tire her out. Then she should sleep well. Also when she barks you have to be stern, tell her No- if bites you, growls or does something after you have told her No, can you put her in a crate and put a blanket over it?

Im not sure if she is crate trained, but I highly rec it!! Peanut was crate trained and to this day he loves his crate!!
I think she barks for attention at night. She sleeps with me on my bed and she wants me to play with her I think but I'll be so tired and I need her to know its bed time. I try to be the dominant one, she's so damn stubborn. She doesn't listen at all! During the day I take her for about 1 walk a day, sometimes 2. I have a big back yard so she runs around in there as well, and I play fetch with her. I was thinking of putting her in her crate for punishment but I read somewhere that's a bad idea because when I'm at work she has to go in her crate while I'm gone and if I put her in there for punishment she won't like the crate. Thank you for your feedback!
candacejaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!