View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #9
Dawnsly
Yorkie Talker

Default Separation Anxiety

Our little 3 pound yorkie Kricket used to go a touch nutty if left alone. She would chew the baseboards in the room I put her with her blanket! She thought Mama was not coming back... Dog psychology is easier than people! I started putting her in the room with her blanket as if I were leaving for five minutes at the start. After a while of doing this and increasing the time spans she learnt to trust Mama coming back. She was twelve weeks old at that time. She is 7 years old and still dad can come and go... If I go out and he comes home before me she tears through the house looking for mama! Silly wanker dad is not quite good enough! But he goes to work everyday and a whole day in her mind is a long time. When we take her in the car she knows she must use her CAR MANNERS! When we first got her she was a whole pound and could get into anywhere as no place was too small! She got down around the gas and break pedals... My hubby thought it funny.. Dangerous but funny! So big mean mom taught her car manners and sitting on Kricket's spot! She loves to go anywhere if I am going but not if it is only dad she will stand by my feet till I encourage her to GO OUT WITH DADDY... Funny little dog she is!
Dawnsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!