View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
Lindzorz
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 036

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritwings1202 View Post
I have used frontline plus for a very long time with no issues.
The last 2 months Daisy has had hair loss. We took her to the Vet and the first month the area was measured and she took a picture. We took her for a recheck and the vet suggested to put the frontline higher up a little above the area bc hair was growing back.
The day we went to the park we applied the frontline and Daisy was going nuts like it was burning her so we washed it off with water. The next day I noticed a new bald spot. We took her to the vet today and Daisy can no longer use Frontline plus, bc it is what was causing the hair loss.

The Vet wants me to use trifexis for heartworm and fleas, and a collar called scalibor for ticks. I have read things about trifexis causing vomiting which makes me nervous. I did read that you can cut the pill in fours and give it over a 24 hr period.
Also with Pixie going on heartgard do I cut the pill in half? It is for dogs up to 20lbs that seems like big weight gap 1-20lbs? Pixie is staying on the frontline plus she did have a little hair breakage where it was applied but I think I put her harness on too soon after it was applied
Eep! Yeah, I would stay away from Frontline. I had Nilla on Trifexis for a few months until I started hearing horror stories. I have her on Sentinel now. It has pretty much the same protection as Trifexis minus the horror stories. It's also less per month, which is always a plus when you find something better and more affordable! <3 Good luck!

Lindzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!