View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Oh, this sounds all too familiar and it is just awful for your baby and also for you, watching her be sick and suffer. I know how scared you are but it does sound like she ate something that her tummy is not used to and some bloody diarrhea is all too common sometimes though it sends me, like you, straight to the vet with the dog in tow! Sounds like she's on a good meds regimen but the vet might add something for nausea if she keeps vomiting. I hope they don't have to hospitalize her for fluids and stronger meds but if she loses enough fluid, they will need to but probably just for one night. I usually syringe in a cc or water/sugar water or Pedialyte in the side pocket of Tibbe's mouth every hour or two when he'd be sick with his MVD symptoms and not eating/drinking and I would dial the amount of fluid down to half that if he vomited after getting a whole cc. but that's all with the blessing of the vet who said it couldn't hurt with Tibbe's situation. I will pray for Pixie and that her meds begin to work just any moment and she begins to feel better. I'm hoping you are posting she's up and walking around and getting back to herself very, very soon! We're here for you and Pixie so don't feel alone. All or practically all members know what you two are going through - her with the misery of an unhappy GI system and you with your worry and fretting.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!