View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #7
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDearSam View Post
Thankfully, the ceremony itself went off without a hitch. Before and after were another story altogether.

Because the wedding and formal reception were at a tiny chapel with no alcohol allowed, we had booked a huge suite at a hotel for the ladies to get ready and for the 'real' party. When we got to the hotel, they didn't have our reservation! They had booked us for the day we actually reserved it. According to their records we had stayed with them 6 months ago. I turned Bridezilla, and it took the manager about 3 minutes to set us up in the presidential suite, lol.

One of my bridesmaids decided that she wanted to get ready at home and would meet us at the hotel and ride to the chapel in a limo. She showed up an hour before we were to leave, with her dress in hand and her hair dripping wet. The power had gone out at her house while she was in the shower.

Once we were all ready, we went down to the lobby, where the limo was supposed to be waiting. No limo! I wound up being 15 minutes late to the chapel because it never showed up, and we had to squeeze me and my gown into my dad's car and scramble to get my bridesmaids and flower girls a ride. The limo company fouled up their notes and only had us reserved for after the ceremony, and then they showed up late. Most of our guests had left or gone back to the suite, and we were still waiting at the chapel. I don't know what the coordinator said to the guy, but we wound up not paying a penny to the limo company.
Wow! What a memorable day that was, for all the wrong reasons! Glad the wedding itself went well
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!