View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
Zerelda311
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
If this is a front leg, casts usually don't work. There is only a 5% chance they will work on that leg, especially if in the wrist area. As for the plate, that sounds way too cheap...is this a board certified surgeon who is doing this?? If not, I strongly suggest you find one for a second opinion. The problem that sometimes occurs with some vets doing cheap fixes is that they often don't do it correctly; and I have seen pups end up losing their legs. We have a foster who came to us after the owner had tried such things...the boarded surgeon we used tried bone grafts but they failed and the pup lost his leg.

Our regular vet referred us to him. Here is the info that I could find:

Cary Ledbury, DVM graduated from The University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine. After working in a rural practice in Ripley, Tennessee for 2 years, he joined Hillcrest Animal Hospital. Dr. Ledbury and his wife, Gloria, purchased Hillcrest Animal Hospitalfrom Dr. Norm Griggs. Dr. Ledbury sees and treats a wide variety of small animals and has a special interest in orthopedic surgery and stem cell therapy. Gloria and Cary have three children and attend Bartlett Church of Christ. His hobbies include fishing and woodworking. The family has three dogs and one cat.

Btw, it is her right leg. I will attach a pic. Also, after looking at my notes, it said the surg. will be approx be between $1,000 and $1200. Were near Memphis, so Im not sure if that is the usual & cust. charge or not.

Your prayers will be greatly appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 062913bellajax.jpg (82.8 KB, 24 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!