Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #39
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

People probably think I over vaccinate Callie but in my opinion I don't I am trying to protect her from everything I can. Some will say that the vaccines only protect against some strands well that still is better then none. I get Lepto because I know it is around here because we had a goat die of it. I get Lyme because she was getting bit by a lot of ticks and most of them where tiny plus Lyme hurts and I would like to spare her that pain. I get Bordatella because I like to take her lot of places other dogs go and Kennel cough can last a month and lead to worse infections. I get DAP every three years too. In my opinion its much better to be protected then not and your dog get sick. Two of the dogs I grew up with that we had sense puppies only got there puppy shots and that's it they where never treated for fleas and ticks nothing and both got cancer and one has died the other is probably close. It all depends on the kind of risks you want to take. Callie has never had a bad reaction just gets kinda sore and sleepy/grumpy afterwards. My vet feels Callie is big enough to get a few show at a time but because Callie is so sensitive we space them out. I talked to vet at length about Lepto.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!