Thread: Threat!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #12
JasmineNoelle
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemini View Post
WOW! I don't know what to tell you. When Cali was in service dog training they taught her to 1) not take food from anyone but me unless they gave a specific verbal command, 2) she will only take food from the left hand.

I know that might sound kind of far out, but it might be something to teach your dogs. I was told T the time of the training it was specifically aimed at dogs not getting poisoned or eating something bad for them.

We had one attempt to steal Cali T the post office when someone tried to break out the window with a tire iron, fortunately there was a detective in the post office who saw it and came to,her rescue, but I can tell you it took me forever to get over the thought of it.

I share your fears!
You must have been so scared and felt so vulnerable when they tried to steal Cali, I know I did. My home, like most others, has always felt like a sanctuary....now not so much. Now I feel tense and on guard, ready for the other shoe to drop, so to speak.

Thank you for the advice. I will research this type of training. Sounds very interesting, again thank you. Stay safe.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!