Thread: Threat!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
Deb1
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineNoelle View Post
I take my three girls outside every two hours or so for a potty break. We live on a one acre piece of land in town that is fully fenced. The girls are only allowed in the back fenced in area. We have a doggy dog in the den and we used to allow them to run in and out through out the day......not any more. A few months ago, someone tried to steal my precious babies by cutting the chain link fence and coaxing them out.

I had just came inside when I heard them barking hysterically, I looked out and Maggie was outside the fence and Jasmine was eating something. I was horrified! I ran outside, got my girls and found the fence had been cut in two different places. I called the police and made a report. The next day Jasmine was sick with bloody diarrhea. At the time I was so focused on someone trying to steal my girls that, sad to say, I just thought Jasmine had one of her sensitive tummy issues and I treated her and within a few days she was back to her happy little self.

Before we put in a smaller fenced area just for the girls, inside our huge fenced yard, all three of the girls wore shocker collars. Yes, all three of them had gotten shocked one time in training and then they never went near the under ground system again. It emitted a high pitched sound that they would hear when they got within five foot of the under ground wire. My husband had put that underground wire at our fence completely around our property.

Anyway, we wanted to get away from the shock collars so that is why my DH fenced in a smaller area for the girls. My oldest baby, Prissy sweetest 11 year poodle you could ever ask for, used the shocker collar for years without incident. So did our other two, 1 old Maggie Mae and 5 yr. old Jasmine. Also on top of the chain link fence is three strands of barbed wire to ensure that no dogs will jump our fence and get in our yard. No dogs have ever jumped our fence.

Needless to say after the attempted dog napping of my babies, we now go out every time with them. We usually go out every two hours or so for 5 to 10 minutes. Well, last night my husband was setting outside with the girls around 9 p.m. For their last potty break and the neighbor starts screaming, telling my husband, "shut those dogs up or I will get some rat poison and feed it to them". DH said he kept repeating this and he said he "would kill our dogs".

I am just so upset! I now believe when Jasmine got sick after the fence was cut, I think he fed her something that made her sick. I am so afraid he is going to hurt my girls or kill them. I don't know what to do. They only go out for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. DH is going to record him next if this happens again. We also purchased a 9 camera security system that he is installing.

Summary: (this is what has been done)
1. fully chain linked fenced yard
2.Three strands of barbed wire on top of chain link fence
3.privacy fence with chain link on two sides of property
4. installing 9 professional grade infrared security camera system outside
5.going out with my girls (staying with them) every 2-3 hrs, 5 to 10 min increments
6. Electric driveway gate with pad entry
7. Padlock back gates
8. Inside security system on all doors and windows
9. Window breakage security system

I am afraid for my babies, your suggestions/advice/experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.
Call the police and start a paper trail! If you could get it on tape either video or recorded, would the ASPCA get involved? That is a serious threat!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!