View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
Mommy Jan
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 Ginger 10 years old....PLE and now Demodex

It's been awhile since I've been able to update you on Ginger. He was diagnosed with PLE in 2010, and been on Budesonide since then. This past winter he began losing his fur and now is my Naked Baby. After visiting the dermotologist we learned he has demodex. From what I'm told as long as he is on Budesonide (a steroid) his immune system will be compromised and it will be extremely difficult to fix his skin issues. He was prescribed Ivermectin, preloaded in a syringe with increasing doses every other day. Being an overprotective mommy I did not start the Ivermectin due to possible side effects. Hence why I now call him "Naked Baby" the only pleace he has any hair coat is on his head and face. I am a wreck wondering what to do for him. He is in no obvious pain or discomfort, just has little fur. Has anyone ever had to deal with this? What do you think of giving him the Ivermectin? It just seems crazy to subject his little body to more medicine when he cannot ever get off the Budesonide so why attempt to put more meds in his little system.
Mommy Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!