View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #51
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiGirl View Post
I haven't read all of the posts and won't jump into all of the debates but have a couple comments.

I think Food Network was too harsh and swift in this decision.

I do not condone any racial slurs or name calling, however admitting that she maybe used the N word in 2007 does not make her a racist.

I enjoy watching Food Network, and especially enjoy the different personalities of different cooks, as well as their techniques. I don't have any favorites that I exclusively follow, and rarely cook as they do, but enjoy for entertainment value just watching them all. I love their enthusiasm for cooking and food.

I will miss Paula Deen, and what I perceive as her sweet, loving, Southern charm. She is somebody I'd like to have as a neighbor. I don't care about her weight, over use of butter, her health, or her wealth. I am impressed with her rags to riches life story, and her overcoming huge obstacles in her life.

Who are we to judge? Is there anyone on here who can honestly say under oath that they have never in their life uttered the N-word? And for those that have, does that mean you are a racist, and should lose your job and be shunned by the world?

As a society we all need to strive to be sensitive and respectful, and to do better when we know better. Peace begins in our hearts.

I agree with this statement by you. I don't use the N word nor do I agree with using it. However, one thought comes to my mind......Ye without sin cast the first stone. Society is quick to point a finger in certain areas but turn their eyes to others. She made a mistake. We all have. I guess I'm just more forgiving than some on mistakes since I know I have been forgiven for mine.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!