View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBray View Post
We've had a mouse problem and my idiot brother set out glue traps, despite me telling him no. Our Yorkie got stuck on it and he tore some skin off one of his paw pads.

I was really frustrated and angry. Glue traps are trouble for any curious dog. Not to mention the fact that they are an evil device that should be outlawed - I once saw a mouse on these things with bits of its skin torn off and in the middle of chewing its own leg off. And to think some people throw them out in the garbage, alive, in such a condition. Disgraceful.

Thank goodness it was just a minor tear for our dog, a bit of antiseptic ointment and a clean did the job. I shudder to think if he put his snout directly on it, my dog could suffocate!

Glue traps - inhumane, sadistic devices that torment anything caught on them. Please do not use them.
I have never used them, but they sound horrible. I have always had the good oldfashioned ones that snap the neck...on the very rare occasion that we need them at all-like when the empty lot next door was cleared and all of its inhabitants decided to move into my basement! I have not used traps or poison of any type since getting Huey. Too dangerous. If I needed to, I would call an exterminator. Even the very small snap-traps for field mice are too dangerous with a curious yorkie around. They really could damage a nose.
OBTW, Welcome to YT! And thanks for starting out with such a thought-provoking post!
Looking forward to seeing pics of your furbaby, and what is his name?

Last edited by Marhcarter; 06-21-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Marhcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!