View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileybaby View Post
We have tried the Atopica for 2 months with no change as well, the vet does not want to put Riley back on steroids (Temeril P) as she feels that is what caused the pancreatitis. When we went to the allergist she didn't feel shots would be helpful as his allergies are to dust and ragweed which are hard to avoid. He is an indoor dog pretty much, if he goes outside he tries to eat everything he sees which can make him very sick as well so he is trained to go on pads. As far as food he was on W/D after the pancreatitis but is now on Blue Buffalo salmon and sweet potato along with a little bit of Royal Canine dry food for yorkies.

I read a post yesterday about a cream called Dermacton which I have ordered to see if it will do anything. He already has sprays, shampoo and conditioners from the vet that help somewhat but hopefully this cream will do the trick!
Gosh you poor thing ; I know what it's like to watch them go thru allergy symptoms, and feel helpless.

You prob already know this, but some dogs take longer than 2 mths to show relief on Atopica. Most dogs do show relief earlier, but there are some outlyers. Are you still giving it now, past the 2 mths?

Ragweed is the nastiest allergen. That's one of Marcel's trigger allergies too - and we live in the Ragweed capital of the U.S....and guess what? Right next to South Mountain - the Ragweed mountain-capital of Phoenix. Nice, eh?

Have you read about plant sterols? There is some data out there that plant sterols can help (in specific formulations) some dogs with allergies. You may want to research Moducare, and see if that interests you. The other thing I'd also mention is something called Healthy Goo - that can help desensitize some dogs to allergens. The owner of Healthy Goo is tremendously helpful, and he'd talk to you on the phone about it, if you like...several of us have done so. He actually has his own daughter on the Goo too.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!