View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #13
xoCourtney
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKelben View Post
yesterday while cruising through my facebook page and yakking with everyone, I came across a person who belongs to a group I do, but is not one of my friends. She said
(paraphrasing) I am studding out my 13 mo. old male yorkie who has .... breeding and who has one baby already when he was 8 months old. He weighs 3.5 lbs.... etc... contact me for info. I didn't like this... at all. My point of bringing this up here is that it is just "bad form" and would turn a knowledgable "dog person" away, as does the phrase "teacup" etc when describing a breed we care a lot about.
I'm well aware that the AKC does not recognize the term "teacup". What i'm saying is WHY is teacup such a disgrace when teapot is okay? There's clubs for it and everything but for us who have smaller HEALTHY WELL BRED dogs there's nothing. WHY is that okay? that's my question. And if i'm not able to voice my opinion then maybe I should stop visiting the thread. I don't feel as if I've offended anyone. And believe me...there are plenty of threads that talk about how teacups don't exist so i'm not sure how this is a bad thread. I too care about the breed and i also realize they come in different shapes, sizes, and colors. I'm not stuck on what "standard" is.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!