View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
xoCourtney
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritwings1202 View Post
Yorkie Size Myths Maybe that will help you understand. In my opinion a breeder who loves the breed and wants a good blood line and etc.. they will not want their puppies to be teacups bc usually they are not healthy. When A small puppy is born from a litter a good breeder will take extra care and making sure that puppy is eating well and do what it takes to get that puppy to a healthy weight. I just don't think people realize what they do to get their puppies that small.
There is no way of really telling what size your dog will be full grown. I mean their are the growth charts but for me they were off a little. Pixie was supposed to be 5lbs by the charts....lol she has surprised us and is 7 lbs, the Vet says she would like to see her at 6.5 so we are working on it.
Okay when IIIII say teacup I am referring to a healthy puppy that is just small! Just like those who call their babies teapots on here are referring to their healthy over 7lbers! Just like humans some are smaller and some are bigger! It's life! Not every litter is going to have all 7lb adult yorkies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!