View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

No reputable breeder will deliberately breed to produce "tinies" or "teacups".

If so where does it end? With Yorkies the size of a mouse? Over the years Yorkies were bred down to reproduce at around 7lbs or so. Surely that is small enough?

The Yorkie Breed is already under literal attack by every BYBer and puppymiller out there, producing so far off standard Yorkies, it is literally a crying shame!

Not to mention the whole world of health problems we have in our breed. Spend some time in the Sick and Emergency forum, and you will start to get an idea of both the financial and emotional costs to the owners not to mention the pups of poorly bred Yorkies.

It is an emotional topic here for many of us (obviously me included), as I would never support or endorse a breeding practise that focuses on producing "tinies".

Quite frankly until we can overcome the health problems already present in this breed, and to do that effectively we need true genetic screening for at least the top 3 most prevalent diseases in this breed, the deliberate breeding of tinies screams a huge red flag to me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!