View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
The breeders who are aiming for 2 pounds and under are the ones who made teacup a dirty word, in my opinion. The vast majority that are purposely bred to be that small are unhealthy and peddled through brokers. That is not to say that a 2 pound dog cannot be healthy.

The breed parent club YTCA and AKC do not recognize a breed call the teacup Yorkie. The standard simply says to 7 pounds.

Also, unscrupulous breeders use terms like teacup, baby doll face, teddy bear face, and so on as marketing terms to charge more money.

The hairs on my neck prickle when people say Roxy is a teacup yorkie but I also have the same reaction when they tell me Lucy and Roxy aren't yorkies because they are too big. No one insults my babies. I may call them Porkie yorkies or teapots in private but never in actual public!

Roxy was the smallest of her litter and I kept her because of concern for possible health issues in the future due to her small size.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!