View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
xoCourtney
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default something that REALLY grinds my gears...

I've been meaning to address my feelings on this topic for awhile. It was recently brought up in a thread I responded to so I thought...perfect time to disclose my feelings.

I don't understand why the term "teacup" is such a hush hush topic here. It's like whenever someone says teacup everyone jumps out of their skin as if they've done something so wrong. Some people WANT smaller yorkies. That's the whole reason I picked Miley...she's estimated to be no more than 4.5 lbs. Of course she can go over her estimated weight.

wait let me back up...

I DO understand why the term upsets people. But not every teacup is a back yard bred dog. Miley came from a reputable breeder and so have a lot of other teacup's, tinies, whatever you want to call them.

I guess i'm so heated about this because a few weeks ago I saw a thread and we weren't aloud to have an "official teacup club" because the term is like an eboli virus here...yet an official teapot club is okay? I may be a little dramatic with this but that reminds me of skinny vs. fat. It's such a horrible thing to call someone fat but it's such a compliment to call someone skinny. Why is that? Like why has fat become such an insult like teacup?

Some people just want smaller dogs so if there is a reputable breeder who is breeding HEALTHY teacups why is that such an issue?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!