View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
xoCourtney
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
So Draco is now 5 months. His coat is pretty thin, and isn't really that long maybe about 2 inches from his body.
It doesn't really tangle, and is pretty easy to brush now, with very few snags usually by his bum or around where is collar/harness is. But nothing matted nor anything that needs to be detangled. I switch between a slicker brush, or a pin brush that has a thick bristle brush on the other side.

I'm still confuse at how to tell certain coats. If it's silky I want longer coat, and if it's cotton a puppy cut. And if it's some variation in between, I'll for some kind of coat in-between I guess. From checking around the site signs point that he might be a silky, because of green eyeshine and a thinner coat, or at least it's pretty compared to him at 10 weeks. It's especially thin on his legs, chest, and tummy. And the skin there all looks fine and isn't irritated.
Over the past month he'd been losing hair when I brushed him that seemed softer and more comparable to a dog with an undercoat. Though the hair loss is significantly less and with very little if any.

I attached some pictures below, The pic with the toy is right after a bath last week, and the picture with the head tilt is from Saturday I believe after I trimmed his ears a little.(second time, almost 2 months ago.)
And the closes up there the first on the left is in natural light, the bottom is under a lamp, and the one on the right is with flash.

So what do you think? =] He's 20wks today, and I guess 5 months on the 22nd. I know his coat color still has lots to do so I'm not even trying to figure that one out yet.
I use Bio-Groom FLuffy puppy and bathe him once a week, depending how dirty he gets outdoors. As the bottle runs out think it's time to switch to something better and start using a conditioner. I've hear great things about Espree, Milksheen, and YorkieSpalsh. What's your favorite, how long have you been using it, and what type of coat does your little one have?

ANy tips about a face trim, I want it longer but his hair isn't long enough to keep out of his eyes even with a band on.
I just used espree on Miley (14 weeks) and I love it! She smells so good and feels so soft! I emailed the company and they were kind enough to send me samples. Maybe you could do the same!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!