View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #1
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Father's Day menu, share it!

So my Dad came over for a cookout yesterday instead of going out to eat. I'll share my menu because I wanted to get ideas for other dishes to try when people come over!

I went strawberry picking the day before so I had a ton of fresh strawberries, I made 9 jars of strawberry jam, YUM!

For an app, I tried to make butter poached lobsters.... only I caramelized the butter by accident with the tails in so those were caramelized, and then the knuckles and claws were butter poached. Overall it was good, but not what I was trying to do! LOL

For the main course, we had grilled Delmonico steaks with some gourmet Vidalia onion steak sauce I bought at the farm store.

We had tossed salad that had edible flowers in it, very pretty salad I thought.

I made potato salad with apples, red pepper, olives, red onion and fresh chopped basil that was so fragrant!

We were supposed to have corn on the cob, but it didn't cook in time! LOL

For dessert, we had strawberry shortcake, I made the whipped cream fresh, and crushed up and sweetened the strawberries fresh.

Dad was grateful and full when he left, but I've realized I am definitely not cut out to be a Hells Kitchen contestant, that's for sure! There goes that dream! LOL

So what was on your menu yesterday (even if you ate out!)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!