View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #16
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermancuso View Post
Ladies I couldn't thank you enough for informing me on this information. I will be going to the lady that I got him from tomorrow to find out why he was not akc registered and if his parents are akc registered can I register him under them? Also he has been checked and tested through my vet with a clean Bill of health and no genetic issues and has been given an ok for stud services. But in will be finding out more information and when I do I will post it here.
I am curious what did you find out from the seller?

If his parents are AKC registered on an open and not a limited registration it may be possible to register him. How-ever it is unlikely that the breeder registered the litter with AKC as she was using APRI and therefor you might have to do a DNA test to prove parentage.

That means all the dogs need to be DNA'd - the parents (unless their DNA is on file with AKC) and your dog.

If the parents are registered with the AKC but on a limited registration, those dogs should never have been bred, and any progeny can't be registered with the AKC.

Hopefully that is clear.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!