View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #6
Lindzorz
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 036 Coats and pups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Stella View Post
So.. I have been wanting to add a little boy to our family for a while now.. Or another girl.. I really can't decide.. Would love some advice on boys vs girls.. girls with other girls.. My baby Stella is very very playful and I think she would def love a playmate ) I had a chihuahua at one point but it wasn't too nice to playful Stella so I gave him to my mom.

But I noticed some yorkies look different than others so apparently I'm not up to par with my yorkie types. But our Stella seems to be a type of Silk haired whereas others I see are the more wiry feeling hair.. If that makes sense.

Can someone tell me what the exact name of my baby is so I don't sound crazy?

Here is an updated pic of her.
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...pse593156a.jpg

Also, if anyone is in the Alabama area with a puppy for sale, we are highly interested.
Nilla has a cotton coat -- she is beautiful and I love love love her, don't get me wrong, but cotton coats are a pain in the buns. xD I'm fairly certain purebred Yorkies either have silky or cotton coats. Silky is more fine and really feels more like human hair, and cotton feels like, well, cotton. The cotton mats waaay easily.

I've heard that pairing a male and female together is the best way to go, and after observing Nilla with other dogs, I would say that in our case it would be true. She likes to play with other dogs, but she seems more jealous of female dogs if they get more attention than she does (I believe they get a teensy territorial). She tends to try and play more with males. I don't know if it's a coincidence, if the gender differences do or do not make a difference in the long run, if the females she has played with and plays with just irritate her (because Nilla is spayed and has been spayed since she was 6 months old and most other females she has been around were also spayed which to me would seem like not much competition), that Nilla is just spoiled and feels that all eyes must be on her, or what ... xD I don't think you'll know until you introduce them, and I would suggest taking her with you when you find a prospective puppy so that they can meet and you can see how they interact with one another.

Good luck finding your new fur baby! <3

Lindzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!