View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #25
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

In thinking about this more, since I had made my mind up that I was not going to go the show breeder route when I got Lola I knew I had to get a mix. The reason is I know the standards and love the look, color and size of a standard yorkie. However IMHO the breed is going downhill and unless you buy from a show breeder you often wind up with a weird looking yorkie. All you have to do is read this forum and almost daily someone is posting a picture of a puppy asking if it is a full yorkie. I would hate going places and being asked over and over what type of dog I have and then getting told it's not a yorkie. With a mix there is no standard, I wanted a cute healthy dog and that's what I wound up with. I know some will say that mixes are ruining the breed, but that is only if dishonest breeders are involved, I bought from someone that did not try to pass my future pet off as a purebred. So I guess you could say that for me I preferred a mix over an off standard odd looking yorkie.

I often wonder where you all think someone should go that wants a yorkie type puppy but in the price range of around $500.00

Last edited by DBlain; 06-13-2013 at 04:24 PM.
DBlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!