View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
Verbena
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresiana View Post
Not a silly question at all...

Boiled as in boiled like pasta, yes. I boil a boneless breast for about 12 minutes & then let it sit in the water for another 15. I actually think that's technically called "poaching".

And yes, they can eat pasta. For dinner last night, mine had mini farfalle with diced chicken tossed in their Omega oil supplement.

I give my pups frozen green beans - as in frozen hard from the freezer - to chew on. They like them. I get the long ones. They also like frozen peas.

Have you tried mixing cottage cheese with the kibble? Just enough to coat the kibble. Mine eat it like that sometimes. You can do that with yogurt too. If he likes fruit, try applesauce instead. If he likes veggies, you can try mixing the kibble with a veggie baby food. Been there. Done that.

I have a crazy finicky eater & it took me about a year to figure out how to feed him. He still gives me hard time, but he isn't as bad as when he was a puppy.

If you're fed up with trying to get him to eat kibble, you can cook for him with a supplement. I used BalanceIt. You can generate free recipes on their website. I veer from the exact recipe, although you aren't really supposed to. But I like to cook & those recipes are boring. The'yre good for measurement guides though. BalanceIt smells odorless to me, so it works for the picky eaters. It does add a little bit of a grainy texture though. I've also heard good things about Dr. Pitcairn's Healthy Powder. It's just really important to use a supplement if youre feeding more than 1/3 human food, especially for puppies.

I feel your pain!!!! I hope I answered your questions! Good luck!
I did not think about it. But we have a garden and we are hoping for green beans. I am going to freeze some for Galen. I still have peas from last year lol
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!