View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #18
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I agree with this advice. Low fat processed diet foods are garbage and a waste of time.

Real food is more satisfying, which means you eat less, and only real food boosts metabolism by promoting your body's overall health.

Soy worries me. I've read many articles that say the soy health craze started when Asian health and longevity were linked to it. However, Asians don't eat anywhere near as much as what Americans eat, especially now that it is a major ingredient in processed foods.
Asian diets that have soy are whole soy, like edamame, tofu, bean curd, natto, etc. Not as fillers to something else. Not only that, but Asian foods for the most part are mostly fish and veggies, not much as processed foods.

The only thing that gets me is soy milk, bc of what my dad told me, but I don't know if it's true. He said so many Asians of the old generation only drank soy milk and not cow milk. There's no calcium in soy milk, and that's why Asians are short. Nowadays, of course cow milk is readily available in Asia. When I went to mainland China I was surprised at how tall everyone was. Most girls were about 5'6-5'8" towered over me (I'm 5'2"). But Asian girls in the US are still pretty short. Isn't that weird!

Last edited by capt_noonie; 06-13-2013 at 03:01 PM.
capt_noonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!