View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
AnneJ68
YT 500 Club Member

I see you are in VA. Guessing the Richmond area? It's a bit of a treck but Bentley's breeder is in Boones Mill, VA. Wonderful lady. Could not be happier with Bentley and his health and disposition. As a matter of fact one of his siblings went to a family in Richmond. Don't know if she has any litters at this point, but if you like send me an IM and I can share her e-mail address with you.

I would love to get another yorkie in the future and would love to get one from the same set of parents if possible.

Not knowledgeable on breeding but I would think there would be an increased risk of health problems with mixed breeds. I'm thinking genetic predispositions that each pure breed might be prone to.

Temperament, I may be in the minority here, but I think that is more learned than bread. I'm a big believer in that one. Bentley while rambunctious (any puppy is) is a sweetie. I believe that is the home type environment he was born into. Breeder's husband would have at least one puppy on his chest in the evening while watching TV when they were old enough to have time away from mom. This is my first dog, but I would say find a small breeder who keeps their dogs in a home environment with lots of human interaction. Odds are you will end up with a sweetheart.

I would say take your time. Do research. And be willing to turn down a dog two. Bentley and his breeder were not my first choice. I was about to get a different dog but got an odd feeling at the last minute. Then I found Bentley and the rest is history.

Keep in mind the perfect puppy is out there for you, you don't have to rush into it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!