View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #11
sganow
YT 500 Club Member

Our little Maggie has grade 3 LP in both back legs. We didn't know about it until 2 years ago when she and our other yorkie Ginger got into a fight. Maggie being much smaller than Ginger didn't fare so well. She started crying and wouldn't put her right back leg down. We thought she just sprained it but after 2 days of not putting her leg down we took her to the vet. He told us about the LP. He gave her an injection, gave us some meds to take home, and told us to crate rest her. He said the only way to fix LP is with surgery, but he also said we could see how she does and if it doesn't become a chronic problem we could wait and see how she does going forward if we didn't want to do the surgery right away. After the meds and crate rest, she hasn't had any issues since. I can feel her knee popping and moving when drying her off when she is wet, but it doesn't bother her. Unless it gets to bothering her a lot, we are going to hold off on doing any surgery.

I'm sorry your baby has LP. I hope it doesn't bother a lot, but if so then surgery will be necessary. It sounds to me like surgery by an ortho surgeon is around $2000 per leg. Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!