View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #10
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Start taking him for long walks a couple times a day. Just you and him without the others. Stop in the shade once in awhile, give him water and talk to him. He needs to release some of that energy and also to spend quality time with just you.
My youngest and I just could NOT bond at all due to the other three to distract her attention. I finally started letting her sleep with us. We don't sleep with the other girls for various reasons. I play quietly with her when we go to bed and put her "stash" in bed. She has her ugly baby, marrow bone and a Himalayan chew. Then at the end of our bed we have a large chest. I cover it with an oil cloth then put her pee pad, water and a bowl of Honey-Nut Cheerios. She's too small to jump off the bed, and then she wouldn't be able to get back on if she did, so this all works perfectly for her. We have bonded so tight that she follows me everywhere I go, even when I take all four outside, she keeps her eye on me and will come running if she sees I'm heading back to the door. I don't even have to call her, but I do have to call the others. But the others are also bonded with me, but they don't watch me quite so close.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!