View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #6
sganow
YT 500 Club Member

I think a good all life stages food would work fine for both dogs. We fed all life stages food for our dogs because they would always want the same food (or each other's food) all the time. It just made things much simpler. We fed Nature's Variety Prairie foods when we had both puppies and adult dogs. They have since added puppy formulas so I am not sure if they still call their "adult" formula all life stages. We haven't fed Nature's Variety for quite some time now. We are currently feeding Horizon (Legacy and Amicus) and Fromm Four-Star foods.

Personally, I think I'd consider the 29% protein food over the higher protein food. The yorkie pup might handle that better. Sometimes it is just trial and error to find the right food for all your dogs. The main things I'd look at carefully is that the food is an all life stages food and watch the calcium, phosphorus, and ash levels, and make sure it has DHA for proper brain development. You can consult with a vet nutritionist if you're unsure.

Last edited by sganow; 06-10-2013 at 05:09 AM.
sganow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!