View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #8
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybaby View Post
Hi there,

I don't think it's a good idea to give Bobbin anti-allergy meds since you're not sure he is actually suffering from hay fever, it's best if you let the vet decide at tomorrow's visit.

Medication of any sort may mask his illness making it harder for the vet to determine the true cause of his symptoms. Human medication can cause serious harm to dogs, even if given in tiny amounts, so I wouldn't give it without a vet's approval.
Also medicine in the US and UK may have slightly different ingredients or be a different strength so I wouldn't risk dosing with Benadryl. Bobbin may have picked up some illness/virus from your daughter's rescue dog since you say that dog recently had a cough. If it does turn out to be hay fever the vet can prescribe the most appropriate medicine and correct dosage for your tiny little guy.

Good luck at the vet tomorrow, I know from reading your other thread how much Bobbin means to you. I hope he recovers quickly and it is only something minor. Keep us updated on how the vet visit goes, best of luck.

Dogs do suffer from allergies, but they can also get kennel cough. Please have your guy checked out @ the vet, hope he'll be alright.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!