View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
luvlee
YT Addict

Parti yorkie is an off color yorkshire terrier that can be AKC registered. Biewer is a breed of its own. It was developed in Germany in the 1980s by Werner Biewer. Biewer breeders take great care in ensuring that their puppies lineage can be traced back direclty to the original German Biewers.

However, many breeders try to sell the parti as a Biewer because you can probably get more $$ for the Biewer at this time.

It's a controversial issue for sure. Biewer's developed through the pairing of 2 Champion Yorkshire Terriers with a recessive gene. So, some would argue that they're all yorkies.

However, others state that the Biewer is a breed unto itself - created by Mr. Biewer's yorkies - that does not have any other yorkies mixed in to it.

The personality of the Biewer is said to be gentler and more laid back than the typical yorkie. Also, I think the weight standard can go up to 8 lbs.

You'll see some breeders sell both Parti yorkies & Biewers. I would never trust that their Biewer lines were pure back to Germany.

I'm new to the Biewer also. I'm getting one in August from Deb of Biewers by the Bay (also in Virginia Beach!)-- who's also a member here.

I'll say that any tri-color yorkie or Biewer gets a higher price. They're very very beautiful.

Good luck, Tracey

Last edited by luvlee; 06-09-2013 at 11:50 AM.
luvlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!