Thread: Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Is this normal?

Okay this is really really gross and I feel like I'm exposing a big family secret and telling on my dogs here lol!!

Last weekend, I noticed Kash licking Lucy's butt. He has never done this before, or at least I've never noticed it before. And he wasn't like, gingerly licking it, he was like RIGHT IN THERE and snorting because his nose was totally covered. And Lucy was just standing there, her tail right up over her back, letting him do it.

I said his name and he stopped, and she sat down. But when they thought I wasn't looking, they'd do it again. I noticed this happening a few times.

Do dogs just do this? Lol I feel dumb but until we brought Lucy and Kash into our family a year and a half ago, I've never had more than one dog in my family. I never really saw any of my dogs interact this way. They'd sniff sometimes, but never licking like that I'm wondering if Lucy might be having an anal gland issue or something like that? She is still really timid so I don't want to traumatize her, but if this could be a sign of something more going on, maybe I should take her to a vet.

And in the meantime, Kash has been banned from giving kisses!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!