View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #17
AnneJ68
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
I agree with the others. You should not feel guilty about not letting your Yorkie run free. I can tell you right now that I will NEVER let Bella run free for security reasons--I simply don't have a safe place to do it. It sounds like Bentley is getting plenty of exercise, so you have nothing to feel guilty about. I would feel much guiltier if I let Bella run free and something happened to her.
We had a lhasa that was actually trained that could be off leash on our property when I was growing up. It was amazing Toby knew the boundaries bikes, other dogs you name it he would not chase or go after and you could tell by his body language he knew where boundaries were when "someone invaded" when on our section of the sidewalk. (He was a bit of a chicken mind you. lol ) No matter what he would not stray off our property lines. When I would walk home from school if he was outside he would sit right at the property line and wag his tail frantically till I crossed the border. lol

I would never dream of attempting to train Bentley to do that. The Napoleon Syndrome is the main reason way.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!